ACADEMY OBJECTIVE – Our work here at the Academy is based on the Iyengar system, although we go beyond that approach by focusing on the needs of each individual student who is in class. We offer two decades of experience, teacher training, and a variety of classes and private sessions that are intended to serve the needs of each student. Each type of class outlined below focuses on individual needs and inspires increased flexibility and confidence in movement. Our goal is stillness, balance, and peace.
- Spine Hip and Core Yoga: This class covers basic yoga postures with preparation, detail work on alignment and fostering an individual approach to understanding the body’s capacity and strength as well as identifying limitations and working within them.
- Movement Flow: Intermediate-level class. This is a moving flow style of yoga blending movement and alignment concepts from fundamentals and general yoga class.
- Flow Foundation: This class teaches movement fundamentals, alignment, and breath. Focusing on identifying and releasing restricted areas allows students to progress into movement flow and improve movement initiation.
- Restorative Movement: all levels. Decompression and release of muscle tension and tension patterns are the focus of this class. The emphasis throughout is re-patterning movement to alleviate strain on common areas — neck, shoulders, and hips.
- Women’s Wellness: This class incorporates progressions of therapeutic pelvic work, spinal strength, core and abdominal work and identifying and correcting movement patterns that affect female posture and function.
- Gentle Yoga: This class is good for everybody who likes a slower pace. With the use of props, students’ specifics needs can be met. By working with breath awareness, renewing and healing can be experienced creating balance and harmony into us.
- Yoga Fundamentals: All-level class. Al builds on yoga fundamentals that develop strength and flexibility. Detailed uses of props enhance the experience moving in and out of poses.
- Beginners Yoga: This class is good for everybody who likes a slower pace. With the use of props, students’ specifics needs can be met. By working with breath awareness, renewing and healing can be experienced creating balance and harmony into us.
**Additional classes offered by affiliate practitioners
- Hatha Yoga: This class incorporates the traditional concepts of yoga focusing on the physical asana/pose, balance in mind, and meditation. For details, contact Sarah at 778-0253 or email@example.com.
- Restorative Yoga: Relaxing and nourishing yoga that quiets the mind and body. For details, contact Sarah at 778-0253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.